Set on the beautiful campus of the University of San Diego, CA. "Camp 12" is a full time three night/four day overnight camp immersing the players into the game of lacrosse. It is focused on players of all levels and ages who are prepared to challenge themselves. This camp will not only teach new advanced techniques and skills through high impact training, but be focused on developing the full lacrosse player on and off the field. This camp will teach innovative Box lacrosse concepts as well as feature position specific coaches and teaching.
Camp Director Tom DeMaio: “Developing drills that improve lacrosse IQ is essential and underserved in today’s typical lacrosse practice. The final goal of this camp is to improve every players ability to understand and process the game while having FUN and competing at the same time”
Director Tom DeMaio
Coach DeMaio is currently the Varsity Head Coach at Santa Fe Christian School in San Diego. In 2014, his first year at the helm, he led SFC to an 11-4 record and Division I playoff berth in the highly competitive CIF San Diego Section. Previously, DeMaio was the Defensive Coordinator for Orange County powerhouse JSERRA Catholic in 2013.
Coach DeMaio is known nationally actively involved in growing the game of lacrosse as Director of Operations for Brady’s Bunch Lacrosse. Under his guidance, this program has flourished winning 20+ tournament titles in the past 3 years and helping countless players get recruited to play at the collegiate level. Most importantly the program prides itself in stressing off the field excellence from their players.
DeMaio moved from New England in 2010 with his family of six children all who play lacrosse, settling in Coronado, CA. Coach DeMaio quickly got to work, leading the San Diego All-Star team to the US Lacrosse Central Division Championship in Texas. He also coached at Coronado Middle School, where he won an SDCLA Championship in his first season.
Prior to moving West, DeMaio solidified his reputation as a coach at Norwood, MA High School. After establishing the program in 2004 and going winless their first varsity season, DeMaio led Norwood to the MIAA playoffs the next year, becoming the first team in MIAA history to achieve such a feat. Under Coach DeMaio, Norwood Lacrosse continued to grow in prominence as a perennial Boston Globe “Top 20” team.
In addition to his success at the high school level, Coach DeMaio worked tirelessly to develop a strong youth program in Norwood based on the principals of teamwork and fundamentals. The youth program quickly flourished, becoming a model for other youth lacrosse programs throughout in New England.
- Director of Lacrosse, Santa Fe Christian School, San Diego, CA- Current.
- JSERRA Catholic, Defensive Coordinator
- Northeastern University, Head Coach
- Norwood High School, Head Coach
- Coach of the Year 2009
- Bay State Games, Southeast Team Head Coach 2007(Silver), 2008(bronze), 2009(Silver)
- North / South Senior All Star Game, Head Coach
- Vice President Norwood Youth Lacrosse
- Coronado Middle School, Assistant Coach
- SDCLA Champions 2011
- Brady’s Bunch Lacrosse, Program director 2011-current
- USL U15 West Champions 2013 (San Jose)
- Keeper of Lacrosse Award 2013 (Florida)
- San Diego All Stars, Head Coach - USL Central Division Champions 2012
- 3d Lacrosse Director Orange County
- Team 12, Orange County
- Soulgrind Lacrosse Club AA Head Coach
- LaxDawgs Starz, Assistant Coach
- Laxachussetts/ EMASS Minutemen, MA – Head Coach, Youth Director
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/14/11666314/html/wp-content/plugins/logo-slider/logo-slider.php on line 576
CAMP 12 BENEFITS:
- An amazing staff of High School and College coaches.
- College level skill development
- Individual positional teaching and training
- Competitive Team play every day
- 3v3 “Chumash” & “Trash Can” tourneys (Chumash & Trashcan Lacrosse Rules)
- Nightly “D1 in Life” speakers who will address the boys about having positive off the field impacts on their teams and communities.
- Camp 12 pinny and many other giveaways
As an additional benefit, participants will be evaluated for consideration to participate Bunch Nation and/or Team 12 teams.. These teams play regionally and nationally at top recruiting events. Camp 12 is open to all players, youth players to high school and is expected to fill up quickly.
The Campers will be divided into groups based on age, experience and skill.
- July 24-27, 2018
- 3th-12th Graders (2017-2018 school year)
- University of San Diego
- Overnight Campers: $695
- Day Campers: $495
- Deposit: $250
- All campers must register online.
Registration includes all forms filled out online and payment by MasterCard or Visa. A confirmation Email will be sent on receipt of your online registration detailing the remaining fees and optional paperwork still outstanding.
- Early Registration Discount: Register BEFORE 2/20/18 and receive a $50 registration discount.
- Goalie Discount: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. Please indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP:
- All campers MUST be a member of US Lacrosse to attend our camps.
- To Register, Click on this link: USL Membership
- Mission B Complex picture
Single or Double Occupancy
- Bedding Provided
- Internet Access: $5 per day
- Lost Key: $40
- Roommates: Roommate requests must be indicated on the Registration form. We will make our best effort to accommodate all requests. Campers will be paired with others in the same grade/age or experience group.
- Suggested spending money: $60
- Security and Medical: USD has Security personnel on staff 24/7 who are eligible and trained to contact Emergency Responders if necessary. Camp 12 will provide a Certified Trainer onsite during field activities.
- Valley Field picture
USD Toreros NCAA D1 Soccer Field
- Student Life Pavilion
Campers will receive a Meal card with full access to the Cafeteria. Value of the card is $30.00 per day, tax included. Day Campers will receive Lunch and Dinner each day that it is offered. Campers can also purchase food from the Dining Facility with Cash or Credit Card.
- Campers can arrange shuttle service if they would like through Super Shuttle
Shared ride shuttle discount $1.00 one way, $2.00 round trip, There is an option for them to book Sedans as well.
All your attendees have to do is just click on this link and they can book transportation to or from the hotel, or if they like to call they can call 1-800-blue-van and use code 2DKCY to also receive their discount.
- Ground Transportation Instructions for Shuttle
When you arrive in San Diego, after claiming your luggage,
TERMINAL 1 Alaska Airlines, Southwest, United After claiming your luggage, follow the signs to the Ground Transportation Sky Bridge. Proceed to the "Shuttle for Hire Island" and ask the Transportation Coordinator for a Supershuttle van.
TERMINAL 2 Aero México, American Airlines, America West, British Airways, Japan Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Northwest, Sun County, Hawaiian, Air Canada, Allegiant Air, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines, U.S. Airways, Virgin, Volaris, West Jet Exit the Terminal 2 doors; cross the street using the cross walk to the "Shuttle for Hire Island" ask the Transportation Coordinator for a Supershuttle van.
COMMUTER TERMINAL Alaska Commuter, American Eagle, Delta Connection, Northwest Air Link, SkyWest, U.S. Air Express Exit the Commuter Terminal doors, cross over to the "Shuttle Loading Island". Ask the Transportation Coordinator for a Supershuttle van.
ExecuCar Meet and Greet Service
Once you have arrived at The San Diego Airport, any terminal:
Please go to Baggage Claim and your driver will meet you with a sign with your name on it and will help you with your luggage and get you to your destination with VIP service.
Our 24 hour dispatch number is 619-564-7998
- Ground Transportation Instructions for Shuttle
- Drive time to USD from San Diego Airport is roughly 30-45 minutes with traffic.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day.
- The coaching staff will reside in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities.
- Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from Camp 12 without a refund.
- Any and all additional forms or details will be emailed to Registrants leading up to Camp 12.
- Cancellations made prior to May 1, 2018 will be given a refund less deposit ($250).
- Cancellations and Refund requests after May 1 or later will be honored at the discretion of Camp 12.
- Cancellations and refund requests must be submitted in writing and emailed to tdemaio at team12lax.com.
- For any urgent needs, contact Tom DeMaio
tdemaio at team12lax.com